Saturday, June 30, 2012

Boom Town Season 1 Episode 11

I'm sooooooooooo sorry i haven't written a review for so long. I'll try to catch up.

I don't really like this episode, it has a wonderful plot but I really don't like the Slitheen. Their just horrible, they would destroy a whole planet just to get home or make some money.

This episode gets a scariness rating of .5! only thing slightly scary is when Blon takes off her skin suit thing.

Things I like about this episode:

Yay it's Mickey again! He has it pretty tough, his girlfriend leaves him for a time traveling alien(I don't really blame her though, wouldn't you?), she leaves him again in this episode, and he is a murder suspect because The Doctor accidently brings Rose home a year after she went with him when he said it was twelve hours(a few episodes ago). I feel kinda bad for him.

I really like how Blon (the Slitheen) is turned back into an egg. I think thats funny.

Things I don't like about this episode:

The Slitheen, their just terrible people... well aliens.

When Rose leaves Mickey.. AGAIN! Dang, he needs to get a different girlfriend! well I guess he does later.

When Blon almost destroys the world and the TARDIS. 


Awesome quotes from this episode:

I really love this quote
Cathy Salt: [talking about mysterious deaths connected to the "Blaidd Drwg" project] And then just recently Mr. Cleaver, the government's nuclear advisor? 
Margaret Blaine(Slitheen): Slipped on an icy patch. 
Cathy Salt: He was decapitated! 
Margaret Blaine: It was a *very* icy patch. 

Margaret Blaine: [gasping for breath after failing to escape The Doctor for the third time] This is persecution. Why can't you leave me alone? What did I ever do to you? 
The Doctor: You tried to kill me and destroy this entire planet. 
Margaret Blaine: Apart from that. 

Idris Hopper: The Lord Mayor says... thank you for popping by to have a chat but, um, she's up to her eyes in paperwork... perhaps if you could make an appointment, for, for next week...? 
The Doctor: She's climbing out the window, isn't she? 
Idris Hopper: ...Yes, she is.


Mickey: So what are you doing in Cardiff and who the heck is Jumpin' Jack Flash?! I mean I don't mind you hanging out with big ears up there—
The Doctor: Oy!
Mickey: Look in the mirror. But this guy, I don't know. He's kinda—
Jack: Handsome?
Mickey: More like cheesy.
Jack: Early 21st century slang. Is cheesy good or bad?
Mickey: It's bad.
Jack: But bad means good, isn't that right?
The Doctor: Are you saying I'm not handsome?



Margaret: I spared her life.
The Doctor: You let one of them go but that's nothing new. Every now and then a little victim's spared because she smiled, 'cause he's got freckles. 'Cause they begged. And that's how you live with yourself. That's how you slaughter millions. Because once in awhile—on a whim, if the wind's in the right direction—you happen to be kind.
Margaret: Only a killer would know that.



The Doctor: You're pleading for mercy out of a dead woman's lips.


Margaret: This is the technology of the gods.
The Doctor: Don't worship me, I'd make a very bad god. wouldn't get a day off for starters.



Margaret: Take me home and you take me to death.
The Doctor: Not my problem.



The Doctor: How did you think of the name?
Margaret: What, Blaidd Drwg? It's Welsh.
The Doctor: I know. But how did you think of it?
Margaret: Chose it at random, that's all. I don't know. Just sounded good. Does it matter?
The Doctor: Blaidd Drwg.
Rose: What's it mean?
The Doctor: Bad Wolf.
Rose: But I've heard that before, "Bad Wolf". I've heard that lots of times.
The Doctor: Everywhere we go, two words, following us: "Bad Wolf"
Rose: How can they be following us?
The Doctor less than convincingly: Nah! Just a coincidence. Like hearing a word on the radio then hearing it all day. Never mind.



We find out what that means soon!

TARDIS!

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Cleaver? Is that just a nick name or what??
    'cause that would be a really cool name! xD

    ~Preston

    ReplyDelete