Hey, its the first Dalek in the new series! not my favorite alien. This is the eighth time The Doctor defeats the Daleks! And they still come back later!
Things I like about this episode:
When the Dalek wants to feel sunlight.
Yay!! The Doctor wins the time war!... for now....
When the Dalek kills its self, cool contained explosion.
Things I don't like about this episode:
Again, The Doctor is so gullible and trusting, when anyone says their in trouble he goes and tries to help. he never questions who they are. but that's his job I guess.
The Dalek's NEVER Die, The Doctor keeps defeating them and they keep coming back! When will they DIE?!!
Van Statten is horrible! He only cares about his alien collection, he doesn't even care when people are dying!
Rose is so slow! she gets stuck on the other side of the door with the Dalek! Come on fatty!!
Awesome quotes from this episode:
Goddard: There's not enough power, those bulkheads are massive.
Doctor: We've got emergency power. We can re-route that to the bulkhead doors.
Goddard: We'd have to bypass the security codes. That would take a computer genius.
Van Statten: Good thing you've got me, then.
Doctor: You want to help?
Van Statten: I don't want to die, Doctor. Simple as that. And nobody knows this software better than me.
Adam: This is Mister Henry Van Statten.
Rose: And who's he when he's at home?
Adam: Mister Van Statten owns the internet.
Rose: Don't be stupid. No one owns the internet.
Van Statten: And let's just keep the whole world thinking that way, right kids?
Rose: And who's he when he's at home?
Adam: Mister Van Statten owns the internet.
Rose: Don't be stupid. No one owns the internet.
Van Statten: And let's just keep the whole world thinking that way, right kids?
Polkowski: On behalf of all of us, I want to wish you a very happy birthday, sir. And the President called to convey his personal best wishes.
Van Statten: The President is ten points down. I want him replaced.
Polkowski I: I don't think that's very wise, sir.
Van Statten : Thank you so much for your opinion. You're fired. Get rid of him.
Polkowski: What?
(An armed guard drags Polkowski away.)
Van Statten : Wipe his memory, put him on the road someplace. Memphis, Minneapolis. Somewhere beginning with M.
(A woman runs up to take Polkowski's place.)
Van Statten : So, the next President. What do you think? Republican or Democrat?
Goddard: Democrat, sir.
Van Statten : For what reason?
Goddard: They're just so funny, sir?
(Van Statten stops.) '
Van Statten : What is your name?
Goddard: Goddard, sir. Diana Goddard.
Van Statten: I like you, Diana Goddard. So, where's the English kid?
Adam: Sir! Sir! I bought ten more artefacts at auction, Mister Van Statten.
Van Statten: Bring 'em on, let me see 'em.
Goddard: Sir, with respect, there's something more urgent. We arrested two intruders fifty three floors down. We don't know how they got in.
Van Statten : I'll tell you how they got in. In-tru-da window. In-tru-da window. That was funny!
Van Statten: The President is ten points down. I want him replaced.
Polkowski I: I don't think that's very wise, sir.
Van Statten : Thank you so much for your opinion. You're fired. Get rid of him.
Polkowski: What?
(An armed guard drags Polkowski away.)
Van Statten : Wipe his memory, put him on the road someplace. Memphis, Minneapolis. Somewhere beginning with M.
(A woman runs up to take Polkowski's place.)
Van Statten : So, the next President. What do you think? Republican or Democrat?
Goddard: Democrat, sir.
Van Statten : For what reason?
Goddard: They're just so funny, sir?
(Van Statten stops.) '
Van Statten : What is your name?
Goddard: Goddard, sir. Diana Goddard.
Van Statten: I like you, Diana Goddard. So, where's the English kid?
Adam: Sir! Sir! I bought ten more artefacts at auction, Mister Van Statten.
Van Statten: Bring 'em on, let me see 'em.
Goddard: Sir, with respect, there's something more urgent. We arrested two intruders fifty three floors down. We don't know how they got in.
Van Statten : I'll tell you how they got in. In-tru-da window. In-tru-da window. That was funny!
(Guards grab him)
Van Statten: What the heck are you doing?!!?
Goddard: Two hundred personnel dead, and all because of you, sir. Take him away, wipe his memory, and leave him by the road someplace.
Van Statten : You can't do this to me. I am Henry van Statten!
Goddard : And by tonight, Henry van Statten will be a homeless, brainless junkie living on the streets of San Diego, Seattle, Sacramento. Someplace beginning with S.
Goddard: Two hundred personnel dead, and all because of you, sir. Take him away, wipe his memory, and leave him by the road someplace.
Van Statten : You can't do this to me. I am Henry van Statten!
Goddard : And by tonight, Henry van Statten will be a homeless, brainless junkie living on the streets of San Diego, Seattle, Sacramento. Someplace beginning with S.
Someone in a helicopter:Attention all personnel. Bad Wolf One descending. Bad Wolf One descending. (There it is again!!)
TARDIS!
Hey Evan, I love your blog, and I love Doctor Who! I will definitely be reading your reviews this summer. Maybe you could add a scariness rating for each episode? You don't have to of course, but I know that I am always worried to watch ones that sound too scary because, well, I get scared easily, so knowing how scary they are might help. Awesome blog!
ReplyDelete