Monday, June 4, 2012

Rose. Season 1 episode 1

Here it is, My first Who review! (sorry if my grammar or spelling isn't quite right.)

I think this episode is pretty good, it gets better when you watch it again, it also helps if you've seen other Doctor who. because if this was the first episode I saw I probably wouldn't have kept watching Doctor Who. also you wouldn't really get it and you'd probably have to read about it online or keep watching to understand it.

Things that I like about this episode:

I love that the first thing The Doctor says is "Run!".

It has a interesting but simple plot.

It introduces The Doctor and Rose fairly well.

Things that I don't like about this episode:

Rose is sooo stupid in this episode! she runs off with a guy that she doesn't even know who blew up her job claims to be an alien and to have a time machine/spaceship...What the heck!! if I met anyone like this I would think he was crazy and turn him into the police, not run off with him. I dunno it just seems weird that she doesn't realize that he's probably crazy. well...I guess he does call himself a "mad man with a box" later. spoilers!

The scene where Rose kills the living plastic is really quick, there's not much that she has to do to kill it. I was expecting something more complex.

I also don't like that Clive was killed :-(, the dummies come alive and the he finally realizes that "all the stories" he read were true, then he's the dummies second kill("Wilson" was the first).

Over all this was a good episode and I enjoyed and will enjoy watching this episode


Awesome quotes from this episode:



Rose: Who are you, then? Who's that lot down there? [The Doctor ignores her] I said, who are they?!
The Doctor: They're made of plastic. Living plastic creatures. They're being controlled by a relay device on the roof. Which would be a great big problem if- [he pulls a beeping bomb out of his coat] -I didn't have this. So I'm gonna go upstairs and blow it up. And I might well die in the process. But don't worry about me, no. You go home, go on! Go and have your lovely beans on toast. [suddenly serious] Don't tell anyone about this, 'cos if you do, you'll get them killed. [closes the door, then opens it again] I'm the Doctor, by the way. What's your name?
Rose: Rose.
The Doctor: Nice to meet you, Rose. [holds up the bomb, shaking it slightly while grinning.] Run for your life!

Jackie: I'm in my dressing gown.
The Doctor: Yes, you are.
Jackie: There's a strange man in my bedroom.
The Doctor: Yes, there is.
Jackie: Anything could happen.
The Doctor: No. [walks away]

Rose: Hold on, if you're an alien, why do you sound like you're from the north?
The Doctor: Lots of planets have a north!


Over all this was a good episode and I enjoyed and will enjoy watching this episode.

I hope you enjoyed this review by Whovian Evan

TARDIS!


No comments:

Post a Comment