Saturday, August 4, 2012

Doomsday Season 2 Episode 13

YAAAAAYYYY!!!!! Third post of the day!!! I am on a roll!!!
This is the first episode in Doctor Who history that the Daleks and the Cybermen have encountered each other! Also, don't worry This isn't the last of Rose!

This Episode gets a scariness rating of 1! Cybermen, Daleks, Rose almost dies, and a lot of people do die.

Things I like about this episode:

I love it when Rose tells the Cult of Skaro that she is with The Doctor and they all back away. Like The Doctor says in The Parting of The Ways 1.13 "You might have removed all your emotions, but I reckon right down deep in your DNA there's one little spark left. And that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me?" The Daleks really are scared of The Doctor because he defeats them time and time again(and yet they still manage to come back!). 


When Pete saves Rose from falling into the void.


When The "Upgraded" Yvonne kills some Cybermen, and gives The Doctor and Rose enough time to destroy the Daleks and the Cybermen. If it wasn't for her they probably would have been killed.


When The Doctor Burns up a sun to say goodbye to Rose, but it's sad that the crack closes before he can say I love you. We all know he was going to say it, even the writer of this episode said that The Doctor was going to say I love you. But he'll have another chance.


I love when The Doctor goes, What? What?! WHAT!??!


Things I don't like about this episode:


Nooo!! The Cult of Skaro escape! They did an "Emergency temporal shift" right before all the rest of the Daleks died.


When Rose is about to die by falling into the void. The Doctor reaches his arm out he didn't even really try. I though he would jump across the room to save her or something. It's a good thing her "dad" telleported or whatever and saved her. 


When Rose is stuck in "Pete's World". 


Awesome quotes from this episode:


Cyberman: Cybermen now occupy every landmass on this planet. But you need not fear. Cybermen will remove fear. Cybermen will remove sex and class and color and creed. You will become identical. You will become like us.


Cyberman: I ordered surrender.
The Doctor: They're not taking instructions! They understand. You're on every street. You're in their homes. You've got their children. Of course they're going to fight!



Rose: You didn't need to kill him!
Dalek: Neither did we need him alive.



Dalek: Identify yourself!
Cyberman: You will identify first.
Dalek: State your identity!
Cyberman: You will identify first.
Dalek: Identify!

Mickey Smith: It's like Stephen Hawking meets the speaking clock. 
Cybermen: That is inconsistent and illogical. You will modify! 
Dalek Thay: Daleks do not take orders. 
Cybermen: You have identified as Daleks. 
Dalek Sec: Outline resembles the inferior species known as Cybermen! 



Cyberman: Your design in inelegant.
Dalek: Daleks have no concept of elegance!
Cyberman: This is obvious. But consider our technologies are compatible. Cybermen plus Daleks. Together we could upgrade the universe.
Dalek: You propose an alliance?
Cyberman: This is correct.
Dalek: Request denied.



Cyberman: Daleks be warned. You have declared war upon the Cybermen.
Dalek: This is not war! This is pest control!

Cyber Leader: We have five million Cybermen. How many are you? 
Dalek Sec: Four. 
Cyber Leader: You would destroy the Cybermen with four Daleks? 
Dalek Sec: We would destroy the Cybermen with one Dalek! You superior in only one respect. 
Cyber Leader: What is that? 
Dalek Sec: You are better at dying. Raise communications barrier! 
[video link with Cyber Leader cuts out
Dalek Jast: Wait! 
The Doctor: [in the same room as Cyber Leader, listening in through Rose's mobile phone] Lost her. 
Dalek Jast: Rewind image by nine rels. 
[the image is rewound, and we see the Doctor in the background of the video link
Dalek Jast: Identify grid Seven Gamma Flame. This male registers as enemy! 
Dalek Sec: The females heartbeat has increased! 
Mickey Smith: Yeah, tell me about it. 
Dalek Sec: Identify him! 
Rose Tyler: All right then... if you really want to know. That's the Doctor. 
[all four Daleks recoil in apparent fear
Rose Tyler: Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor? NOW you're scared! 



Pete: Look at it. A world of peace. They're calling this the Golden Age.
The Doctor: Who's the president now?
Pete: A woman called Harriet Jones.
The Doctor: I'd keep an eye on her.



Pete: Doctor, help us.
The Doctor: What? Close the breach? Stop the Cybermen? Defeat the Daleks? Do you believe I can do that?
Pete: Yes.
The Doctor: Maybe that's all I need. Off we go then!



The Doctor: Jackie Andrea Suzanne Tyler.
Pete: She's not my wife.
The Doctor: I was at the wedding. You got her name wrong.



Rose Tyler: What happened to the Emperor? 
Dalek Leader: [shocked] ... The Emperor survived? 
Rose Tyler: [staring into the Dalek's eyestalk] Well, until he met ME. If these are going to be my last words then you're going to listen. I met the Emperor. And I took the time vortex and poured it into his head and turned it into dust.


The Doctor: We've got to see what it's doing. We're going to go back up! All of you, top floor!
Jackie: That's 45 floors up. Believe me, I've done them all!
Jake popping out of the elevator: We could always take the lift.



The Doctor: Where are we? Where did the gap come out?
Rose: We're in Norway.
The Doctor: Norway, right.
Rose: About 50 miles out of Bergen. It's called Dårlig Ulv Stranden.
The Doctor: Dalek?
Rose: Dårlig. It's Norwegian for "bad". It translates as Bad Wolf Bay.



Mickey Smith: I love it when you talk technical. 
Rose Tyler: Shut up. 



Rose Tyler: [crying] I... I love you. 
The Doctor: [with a weak smile] Quite right too. 
[pause
The Doctor: And I suppose... if it's my last chance to say it... Rose Tyler... 
[fades away



[the Doctor walks around the console, inside the TARDIS. He looks up to see a woman in a bridal gown standing on the other side of the console
The Doctor: [surprised] What? 
Donna Noble: Ah! 
The Doctor: What? 
Donna Noble: Who are you? 
The Doctor: Buh... 
Donna Noble: Where am I? 
The Doctor: What? 
Donna Noble: WHAT THE HECK IS THIS PLACE?!!
The Doctor: WHAT? (By the way, she's a future companion too!)



TARDIS!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing the daleks and cybermen trashtalk each other; best part of the episode, hands down;D
    ~lindsay;D

    ReplyDelete