Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Unquiet Dead. Season 1 Episode 3

My third Who review.

Well, that was interesting. Kinda weird and creepy but I liked it. 

Things I like about this episode:

When The Doctor and Rose hear screams coming from a building The Doctor says "That's more like it!" Then they run in.

When The Doctor tells Charles Dickens that he is his number one fan he says "How exactly are you a fan? In what way do you resemble a means of keeping oneself cool?"

Good explosion near the end.

When Charles Dickens watches the TARDIS dematerialize.

Things I don't like about this episode:

If you watch closely, the candles in the background of the mortuary place in don't flicker, they stand still. Something they messed up.

The Doctor is soooo gullible, if anyone(or anything) says that they are in trouble he believes them. well, I guess that's his job, to make things better, after all he is called The Doctor.

Gweneth. She's just, weird. She does save The Doctor and Rose though, so I like her for that.

Mr. Sneed is annoying, kind of whiny.

Awesome quotes from this episode:

Charles Dickens: what the Shakespeare?!

The Doctor: Where do you think you're going?
Rose: 1860.
The Doctor: Go out there, dressed like that, you'll start a riot, Barbarella. pointing There's a wardrobe through there. First left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, fifth door on your left. Hurry up!

Dickens: Incredible. Ghosts that are not ghosts, but beings from another world who can only exist in our realm by inhabiting cadavers.
The Doctor: Good system. Might work.
Rose: You can't let them run around inside dead people.
The Doctor: Why not? It's like recycling.
Rose: Seriously though, you can't.
The Doctor: Seriously though, I can.

Rose: But I can't die. Tell me I can't. I haven't even been born yet. It's impossible for me to die. Isn't it?
The Doctor: I'm sorry.
Rose: It's 1869. How can I die now?
The Doctor: Time isn't a straight line. It can twist into any shape. You could be born in the 20th century and die in the 19th and it's all my fault. I brought you here.
Rose: It's not your fault. I wanted to come.
The Doctor: What about me? I saw the fall of Troy. World War V. I pushed boxes at the Boston Tea Party. Now I'm going to die in a dungeon. In Cardiff.



Gwyneth: And you have come such a long way.
Rose: What makes you think so?
Gwyneth: You're from London, I have seen London in drawings, but never like that. All those people rushing about, half-naked for shame. And the noise, and the metal boxes racing past, and the birds in the sky-no, no they are metal as well. Metal birds with people in them, people are flying. And you, you have flown so far, further than any one. The things you’ve seen-the Darkness, The Big Bad Wolf! (There it is again! I notice a pattern!)

This one isn't from this episode(its from season 4 episode 7) but it refers to it.
Donna(future companion, Spoilers!): The murderer is an alien.
The Doctor: Which means one of that lot is an alien in human form.
Donna: Yeah, but think about it. There's a murder, a mystery and Agatha Christie.
The Doctor: So? Happens to me all the time.
Donna: No. But isn't that a bit weird? Agatha Christie didn't walk around surrounded by murders. Not really. I mean that's like meeting Charles Dickens and he's surrounded by ghosts. At Christmas.
The Doctor: Well...

Wow lots of quotes!


TARDIS!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a good episode. Would it be too scary for me to watch?

    ReplyDelete