Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Shakespeare Code Season 3 Episode 2

The Doctor says he'll take her on one trip. Yeah right, he ends up having her with him for the whole season!
The Doctors's silly. It's never one trip!(unless they mess something up!)

(Link to summary.... HERE!)

This episode gets a scariness rating of 2.25!! Creepy witch people that use the power of words as their magic, People getting drowned on dry ground, other people being eaten(well, one guy), and crazy people.

Things I like about this episode:

At the end when queen Elizabeth the 1st is like Doctor!! My Sworn enemy!! And he's like what? What?!!WHAT??!!!! I love it when he does that! (It is explained briefly  in a later episode)

When The Doctor shows Shakespeare the psychic paper and he says it's blank. He's the first person(besides the torchwood guy and the Doctor, but they don't count) to know it's blank! The Doctor says it proves that he's a genius. 

When Shakespeare says "EXPELLIARMUS!" 

When Martha says "I don't even have a toothbrush!" and The Doctor pulls one out of his jacket pocket. Why does he have a toothbrush in his pocket?!(sounds like my dad) 

When The Doctor says the seventh Harry Potter book made him cry. Hahaha! He battles the universes worst aliens, and a book makes him cry. Words are powerful, even if your not a Carrionite!

Things I don't like about this episode:

The Carrionites are creepy. Also, did they eat that guy at the begining????!

When one of the "witches" stops one of The Doctors hearts. Good thing he has a spare!

The Mad house was kinda creepy, all the people screaming. The Architect guy was Really creepy, his pupils were dilated really small, and he shook, and was just plain creepy. 

Awesome quotes from this episode:

[after landing with the TARDIS
Martha Jones: But are we safe? I mean, can we move around and stuff? 
The Doctor: Of course we can. Why not? 
Martha Jones: It's like in those films: if you step on a butterfly, you change the future of the human race. 
The Doctor: Then, don't step on any butterflies. What have butterflies ever done to you? 

The Doctor: Not so different from your time. Look... 
[points to a man who is shovelling dung into a bucket
The Doctor: ... they have recycling. 
[They pass men standing around a barrel of water
The Doctor: Water cooler moments... 
Street Preacher: And the Earth will be consumed by flames! 
The Doctor: And global warming. 

Shakespeare: To be or not to be... 
[pauses
Shakespeare: Oooh, that's quite good. 
The Doctor: You should write that down. 
Shakespeare: Bit too pretentious? 

The Doctor: Come on! We can have a good flirt later! 
William Shakespeare: Is that a promise, Doctor? 
The Doctor: Oh, fifty-seven academics just punched the air. Come on.

Martha Jones: So, magic and stuff? It's a surprise, it's all a bit Harry Potter. 
The Doctor: Wait till you read book 7. Oh, I cried. 
The Doctor: [shouting] The play's the thing. 
[turning to Shakespeare
The Doctor: And yes, you can use that. 

The Doctor: [after a witch stopped one of his hearts' beating] Only one heart working... how do you cope like this? 

Lilith: Oh, but your heart grows cold. A north wind blows and carries down the distant... Rose? 
The Doctor: Oooh, BIG mistake! Because that name keeps me fighting!!!(he just can't get over Rose)

William Shakespeare: How can a man so young have eyes so old? 
The Doctor: I do a lot of reading. 

The Doctor: Mr. Shakespeare, isn't it? 
William Shakespeare: Oh, no. No no no. Who let you in? No autographs, no you can't have yourself sketched with me, and please don't ask where I get my ideas from. Thanks for your interest, now be a good boy and shove... 
[he then notices Martha
William Shakespeare: Hey, nonny nonny! 

The Doctor: Rage, rage, against the dying of the light... 
William Shakespeare: I might use that. 
The Doctor: You can't, it's someone else's. 

Martha Jones: Do you have to pass a test to fly this thing? 
The Doctor: Yes, and I failed it. 

[about the female roles on stage
Martha Jones: Those are men dressed as women, yeah? 
The Doctor: Nothing ever changes in London. 

Martha Jones: Where's Shakespeare? I wanna see Shakespeare! Author! Author... 
[looks at The Doctor cautiously
Martha Jones: Do they say that? Do they say "Author?" 
Audience: Author! Author! 
[the whole audience begins to chant "Author!
The Doctor: Well... They do now. 

William Shakespeare: 'Close up this din of hateful decay, decomposition of your witches' plot! You thieve my brains, consider me your toy, my doting doctor tells me I am not!' 
Lilith: No! Words of power! 
William Shakespeare: 'Foul Carrionite specters, cease your show, between the points... ' 
[he looks to The Doctor for help
The Doctor: 761390! 
William Shakespeare: '761390! Banished like a tinker's cuss, I say to thee... ' 
[he again looks to The Doctor
The Doctor: Uh... 
[he looks to Martha
Martha Jones: Expelliarmus! 
The Doctor: Expelliarmus! 
William Shakespeare: 'Expelliarmus!' 
The Doctor: Good old JK! 

Martha Jones: Am I alright? I'm not going to get carted off as a slave or anything? 
The Doctor: Why ever would you think that? 
Martha Jones: Well, not exactly white, in case you hadn't noticed. 
The Doctor: Well, I'm not exactly human. Just walk round like you own the place, always works for me. 

The Doctor: Queen Elizabeth I! 
Queen Elizabeth: Doctor! 
The Doctor: [surprised] What? 
Queen Elizabeth: My sworn enemy! 
The Doctor: What? 
Queen Elizabeth: Off with his head! 
The Doctor: WHAT? 
Pikeman: Stop in the name of the Queen!
Martha: What have you done to upset her?
Doctor: How should I know? Haven't even met her yet. That's time travel for you. Still, can't wait to find out.
(They get to the Tardis and he lets Martha in.)
Doctor: That's something to look forward to. Ooo! 

TARDIS!

1 comment:

  1. I like that you started including a link to a summary of each episode. Not everyone knows all of them like you do. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete