Monday, August 6, 2012

Smith And Jones

Hey it's Martha! She's the next companion in case anyone didn't catch that.

Here's the link to a summary of this episode, Click here. (sorry, the only place I could find summaries of all the episodes was wikipedia. If you know of a better place tell me!

This episode gets a scariness rating of 1.75! Big rhino aliens(Jadoon) with guns, a vampire lady(plasmavore) that is scary, and a whole hospital transported onto the moon.

YAY! The Jadoon get the plasmavore!

I love it when The Doctors sonic screwdriver gets fried and he says "I love my sonic screwdriver!" then he just throws it! He's weird. And funny.

Things I like about this episode:

When The Doctor walks up to Martha on the street, takes his tie off and says "like so". When I saw this I was just as confused as Martha, but then it got explained at the end. Normally when The Doctor tells people he's got a time machine they believe him.

When The Doctor says "Jadoon platoon on the moon..." I keep saying this, but The Doctor is so weird and silly!

When Martha is listening to his heart and realizes that he has two, and she's like ?????????!??!??! Because he has two hearts. in case anyone didn't know that either.

Things I don't like about this episode:

Why didn't Martha just unplug the MRI machine in the first place(when it was going to kill everybody)? Doesn't that seem like the first thing you'd think of? Hmmmm.. This machine is going to fry the brains of half the people on Earth, what should we do??!! Unplug it stupid! Why didn't she think of that!!

Why are the Jadoon so stupid? Why didn't they do full scans to make sure everyone was human in the first place? If they new the Plasmavore could seem to be human you'd think that would be the logical thing to do.

Awesome quotes from this epsode:

The Doctor popping up: Like so. {he takes off his tie} See?

Martha: Have you got a brother?
The Doctor: No. Not anymore. Just me.( so The Doctor Had a family at one point, i guess.)


Mr. Stoker: There's a thunderstorm moving in and lightning is a form of static electricity. As was best proven by... anyone?
The Doctor piping up: Benjamin Franklin.
Mr. Stoker: Correct.
The Doctor: My mate Ben. That was a day and a half. I got rope burns off of that kite. And then I got soaked. —
Mr. Stoker: Quite.
The Doctor: And then I got electrocuted.


Martha: Why's everyone fussing about rain?
Julia Swales: It's going up.
Tish Jones: The rain is going up.


Martha: We've got air. How does that work?
The Doctor: Just be glad it does.


Martha: I promise you, Mr. Smith. We will find a way out. If we can travel to the moon then we can travel back. There's got to be a way.
The Doctor: It's not Smith. That's not my real name.
Martha: Who are you then?
The Doctor: I'm the Doctor.
Martha: Me too, if I ever pass my tests. What is it then, Dr. Smith?
The Doctor: Just the Doctor.
Martha: How d'you mean, just the Doctor?
The Doctor: Just. The Doctor.
Martha: What, people call you the Doctor?
The Doctor: Yeah.
Martha: Well I'm not. As far as I'm concerned you've gotta earn that title.
The Doctor: Well I better have a start then.


The Doctor: One thousand people. Suffocating.
Martha: Why would anyone do that? {a ship sounds overhead.}
The Doctor: Heads up. Ask them yourself.


The Doctor: Oh look down there! You've got a little shop. I love a little shop.(The Tenth Doctor has a thing for little shops in hospitals!)
Martha: Never mind that! What are Judoon?
The Doctor: They're police. Well, police for hire. They're more like interplanetary thugs.
Martha: And they brought us to the moon?
The Doctor: Neutral territory. According to galactic law they've got no jurisdiction over the Earth and they've isolated it. That rain, lightning. That was them. Using an H2O scoop.


[a patient smashes a vase over a Judoon trooper's helmet
Judoon: Witness: The Crime. Charge: Physical Assault. Plea: Guilty. Sentence: Execution! 
[the Judoon leader shoots the patient with a powerful laser, which disintegrates him on contact
Oliver Morgenstern: You didn't have to do that. 
Judoon: Justice is swift. 


Martha: What's that thing?
The Doctor: Sonic screwdriver.
Martha: Well if you're not going to answer me properly.
The Doctor: No really, it is. It's a screwdriver and it's sonic. Look.
Martha: What else have you got, laser spanner?
The Doctor: I did, but it was stolen by Emily Parkhurst. Cheeky woman.


Martha: If they're police, are we under arrest? Are we trespassing on the moon or something?
The Doctor: No. But I like that! Good thinking. No, I wish it were that simple. They're making a catalog, that means they're after something non-human which is very bad news for me.
Martha: Why? {he looks at her.} Oh, you are kidding me. Don't be ridiculous. Stop looking at me like that.


Martha: You're completely mad.
The Doctor: You're right. I look daft with one shoe. Barefoot on the moon!


The Doctor: Nah, it’s only Roentgen radiation. We used to play with Roentgen bricks in the nursery.

The Doctor: Have you seen? There are these... things. These... great, big space rhino things! I mean rhinos from space! And we're on the moon! Great big space rhinos, with guns, on the moon! And I only came in for my bunions! Look, they're all fixed now, perfectly good treatment, the nurses were lovely, I said to my wife, I said, I recommend this place to anyone. But then we end up on the moon! And... 
[faltering
The Doctor: did I mention the rhinos? 


Martha Jones, The Doctor: [on the TARDIS, The Doctor mouthing along silently] It's bigger on the inside! 
The Doctor: [aloud] Is it? I hadn't noticed. 


Judoon: You will need this.
Martha: What's that for?
Judoon: Compensation.


Judoon: Confirm. Plasmavore. Charged with the crime of murdering the Child Princess of Padrivole Regency Nine.
Finnegan: Well she deserved it!


Oliver Morgenstern: [on the radio] I was there. I saw it happen, and I feel uniquely privileged. I looked out at the surface of the Moon. I saw the Earth suspended in space, and it all just proves Mr. Saxon right. We're not alone in the universe. There's life out there, wild and extraordinary life (Who's Mr. Saxon?? I think we find out soon!)

The Doctor: I just thought, since you saved my life and I've got a brand new sonic screwdriver which needs road testing, you might fancy a trip.
Martha: What, into space?
The Doctor: Well.
Martha: But I can't. I've got exams. I've got things to do. I've got to go into town first thing and pay the rent. I've got my family going mad—
The Doctor: If it helps, I can travel in time as well.
Martha: Get out of here.
The Doctor: I can.
Martha: Come on now. That is going too far.
The Doctor: I'll prove it. {he leaves and returns holding his tie} Told ya.
Martha: No, but— that was this morning. But, did you? Oh my gosh you can travel in time. But hold on, if you could see me this morning why didn't you tell me not to go into work?
The Doctor: Crossing into established events is strictly forbidden. Except for cheap tricks.


The Doctor: Just one trip. To say thanks! You get one trip then back home. I'd rather be on my own.

TARDIS!

1 comment:

  1. I´m going to leave you a comment. HELLO! Don´t have to much fun while I´m gone..... :)

    ReplyDelete